Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Day 10 - A winner!

16x20 watercolor by Liana Yarckin

Well, I guess if you paint 10 days in a row, you might get a keeper.  This one sings to me.  I am probably biased because it is my son playing football on the beach.  Any mom is so happy to see her child (tweener) with joy on his face.  I see some tweaking that I need to do.  I painted wet into wet, no masking was used.  I am not opposed to masking, but, the preparation, time and attention to detail that masking requires is not really my personality type.  Portrait artists, any tips on improving this one, I am all ears.  Overall, I am happy with it and thanks to Leslie Saeta's 30 in 30 Challenge, I finally painted this.


Not for Sale

Commissions click here or visit me on facebook to see other portraits.

15 comments:

  1. Thanks, Anthony. That is a compliment coming from someone who paints people all of the time! If you have any thoughts on improvement, I would love to hear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's breathe taking Liana - such wonderful composition and color choices. The illusions of people behind him on the beach are wonderful too. Your love for your son really shines through on this. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kellie. My husband didn't know what the background was, so I am glad you could figure it out. Obviously, he is not an artist. How neat that both you and your mom are artists. My mother is an artist, too. She paints in oil.

      Delete
  3. This is definitely a winner! It caught my eyes immediately as I was scanning the thumbnails on the challenge page... It is filled with light, air, joy and movement. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arena, thank you so much! Love your flowers, particularly the orange and yellow glads.

      Delete
  4. Absolument merveilleux...
    Un chef-d'oeuvre!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Olivier, thank you. I visited your blog and you have amazing work!

      Delete
  5. You have captured something so special in this piece, no wonder it will be a keeper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lorraine for visiting me these last few days. I hope I can paint something good for tomorrow.

      Delete
  6. This is really fantastic! The expression of the boy, and all the energy emitting from him, it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blaga, thanks so much. It is a compliment coming from you. I love your work.

      Delete
  7. Wow - you did this in a day??? Amazing! :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave your thoughts. I love hearing from you!