Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Cape Cod

 Low Tide II
11x14

Waiting for the Tide
11x14





I had to include these photos of low tide and the sunset in Brewster, Massachusetts with my watercolors. The sunset has been absolutely stunning every night.  We have had very clear, still nights and days so when the tide is in, the water is like a sheet of glass.  Click here to see more amazing photos of low tide.  Don't you just love the last photo of that uber cute garden house!!!  It is so cute, if it was a painting, I think it would not be believed.

Low Tide II was painted in the morning from my balcony.  The houses are set up on a bank with the beach below.  The tide goes out probably over a mile.  It is so peaceful to walk all the way out to low tide with nothing but beach all around you.  There are shallow tide pools left between sandbars where minnows and hermit crabs hang out.

Waiting for the Tide was painted around 5:30/6 p.m.  The tide was coming in and this one sailboat was standing so tall with its hull buried in the sand waiting for the tide.

Thanks for visiting and thanks for your thoughts.  Have a great week!

3 comments:

  1. There is something about the sea that appeals to me so much - I always say I must have been a mermaid in my last life! Paintings like these always draw me. Just beautiful :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are blessed to have a view like this from your balcony. No wonder you are so inspired. Lovely works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. a very difficult subject, but painted beautifully! the low tide...nice to be back!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave your thoughts. I love hearing from you!