Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Beach Scenes Revisited

A Walk in Kapalua
11x14 watercolor by Liana Yarckin

I did a second painting using my signature color palette of Summer Stroll.  I also decided to change the name.  I wanted to put the name of the location in the painting.  You wouldn't believe how many people buy a painting because of the location.  I have sold many of my paintings because the buyer had been there.  I just like to paint beach scenes the most.  When I am driving around in Dallas, I don't find myself stopping the car, turning around to go back and photograph something for a future painting.  But, this happens all of the time when I am at any beach or beach town.

Since my art show at City Cafe, I have received 2 separate commissions and sold one painting!  I am swamped.  



Visit me on Facebook to see the latest details on the show, what's sold, what people have thought...

Thanks for taking the time to read.  My baby boy is upstairs waiting for me to read him a bed time story, gotta go because soon he won't need me to read to him anymore.

4 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! I love the warmth and sunlight you've portrayed so perfectly. Just gorgeous :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liana,
    Great to hear about so many things happening in your art life. Congratulations. And as Sandra said those colors really capture the feel of pleasant sun. Well done.

    And about the art sale. Yes you are right. Shipping to US would actually cost more than the price of some of the paintings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely painting, Liana! I can actually feel the warm sun.
    Wonderful light and color!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have captured the atmosphere and light beautifully. Great job.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave your thoughts. I love hearing from you!