Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Bright and Colorful Mykonos

The Colors of Mykonos
11x14
by Liana Yarckin

Inspired by a photo I took in Mykonos and my continued path of painting people in public settings, The Colors of Mykonos was created.  I love having my stacks and stacks of photos and now just tons of digital images of scenes that I want to be in forever.  I have my images and photos organized in categories of:  beach, floral, architectural, people and then other.  When I am looking for something to paint if I don't already have something on my desk waiting or I am just not moved at the moment by what is on my desk, I go through these images until I find what makes me want to paint immediately.  On this day it was this photo of Mykonos.  How could this not have grabbed my attention sooner?  

I will admit that I added more pink bougainvillea than is in the photo, but, I think it was necessary for the composition and the feeling of the tropical climate.  I have underwashes of permanent rose and new gamboge.  

I posted this on facebook and had an instant response of likes and comments.  The key word is instant.  That response inspires me to do more Mykonos paintings.  If you have a facebook page, let me know.  I would love to see your work there.  I love seeing all of the paintings in my news feed!  It is a quick way to see and like and get inspired.

What inspires you to paint? 

4 comments:

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave your thoughts. I love hearing from you!