Friday, May 25, 2012

Excuses at the Cafe

Excuses
11x14

First, I am thrilled to let you know that I was interviewed by Carrie Waller.  Please go to her blog to read it.  I do enjoy reading her interviews because I learn interesting tid-bits about artists I follow.  Carrie's art is amazing.  My words cannot even begin to explain her unique style.  Carrie, a big thank you for interviewing me, I am honored.

Sometimes, you just don't know what is going on when you are trying to take photos of your favorite cafe discreetly.  This is Neighborhood Services on Henderson in Dallas.  I love how they have a white rose arbor over the patio area.  I was trying to take photos of this gorgeous arbor quickly since my family already left me behind headed to the car.  After I upload the photos to my computer I saw this couple in the photos.  Maybe he was late, again, or who knows.  I could just see that she was not happy with his explanation.  Originally, I was not going to paint them in my "cheerful" cafe scene, but, then I thought, why not.  Life is full of disappointments.  Sometimes we are disappointed by someone in our life.  I like the body language and wanted to recognize that life is not always made of only good moments.  Whatever happens with this pair, we know that they will encounter many more good times and bad together or not.

Today is our last day of school.  Have a happy summer everyone!  Hopefully, I will still get to paint and blog.  Oh, before I forget, I have some work on exhibit at Gallery One at Highland Park Presbyterian Church for the summer.  Another exhibit will be at the Richardson Library starting on June 2nd.

p.s. on the interview - 5 things hope to achieve, I forgot to mention camp in the Grand Canyon with my family and visit the Pyramids!

3 comments:

  1. Hello Liana:) Very nice painting! You gave it the title Excuses, but using my fantasy, it can be so many things they talk about. That's what I like about your painting! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your interview already and really enjoyed getting to know you a little more!
    This is a lovely painting because it tells a story and they are the best kind :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy summer vacation... i have a few more weeks left. Street scapes are beautiful as are all of your paintings. The paintings chosen by the interviewer are full of great colors

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave your thoughts. I love hearing from you!