Saturday, May 8, 2010

Wishing you a very Happy Mother's Day!

I heard Diane Keaton speak the other night. I noticed that when friends would ask what did she talk about, I would give a different point to each person depending on who it was asking the question. The talk started out as sort of a tribute to Ms. Keaton's mom, who has now passed. Ms. Keaton said she was SO LUCKY to have her mom. Ms. Keaton told stories of how her mom encouraged her that of course she would "grow up to be Doris Day, a big movie star one day." How her mom would let her wear and even make her very own not so mainstream fashion ensembles. Then it turned into Ms. Keaton's present joy of ordinary daily life with her children. She showed very "ordinary" photos of her kids in their daily lives, the audience smiled and giggled with Ms. Keaton as she told the stories behind the photos. Then, last, Ms. Keaton ended with the whole point of life (in her opinion) was to live a very vibrant life. Be vibrant, go for it, don't let anything stop you, keep at it, but, live life full and treasure every moment including the very "ordinary" moments.

As a mom, I am hoping to be a little more chilled out and fun with my kids and to only be so lucky for my own kids to say, "I am so lucky I had MY MOM." As a person, I am inspired to live a very vibrant life.
Now to my Mom who of course, like all mothers, aunts, grandmothers, sisters and friends around the world, thank you for the unconditional love, selflessness, encouragement, shoulder to lean on and all of the other countless things you do that often go by unnoticed.

6 comments:

  1. This is such a great painting.. Love these roses.. Happy mom's day to you..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful roses, Liana.Happy mothers day to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liana, Your work is beautiful, you are a very talented artist. I also enjoyed your photos. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a nice comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful flower watercolors Liana.
    Great blog.
    God bless and keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your set of spring flowers are beautiful and all would make the most wonderful cards. How fortunate you were to hear Diane Kenton...she seems such a fun person!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave your thoughts. I love hearing from you!