Sunday, March 16, 2014

Tip Toe through the Tulips, a Dallas Arboretum Inspiration

my first tulip painting, 1997





I found the first tulip watercolor I did as an adult in 1997.  I had gone to the Dallas Arboretum with my husband and his parents and was in love with all of the red tulips.  I did not have a digital camera, yet, so I may have taken one or two photos of the tulips.  One week later, my husband and I bought our first home, it had red tulips in the front flower beds!  I did the painting before we saw our house, and I should say before I had taken any watercolor classes!  I show this to you - who knows what your tulips would look like after a couple of classes!!!!  

Perfect timing to post this, the tulips are in full bloom at the Dallas Arboretum and I have been working so hard for my upcoming art show at the Dallas Arboretum in April.  Who knew when I was first inspired to paint tulips in the Dallas Arboretum that 17 years later I would be in an art show there.  

Important upcoming dates:  
Artscape, Dallas Arboretum, April 25-27
I am in Booth #57

City Cafe, April 28 - June 1
Solo Art Show

4 comments:

  1. These tulips are unbelievable, Liana. Each one of them is beautiful. I always take pictures of flowers, especially when I visit the Arboretums and wish that I can paint one...tried it ..failed!!! lol So I will have to enjoy your amazing work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. H, you are so sweet. I am sure you can paint flowers. Your portraits are outstanding, if you can do people, you can do flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda, I love your story of the tulips in the front yard. I had a similar incident where I dreamed I was standing in the front door of a white house with daffodils in front and I looked very happy. Well, 24 years later after divorcing my husband of 23 years I met a wonderful man and started dating. When he took me to his home after a few weeks of dating I saw that dream manifest. I was already feeling the love of this relationship and he owned a little white house with daffodils in the front yard. We have been happily married now for 17 years. I just had to share that with you after reading your story. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, thanks for sharing your story! How romantic and dreamy.

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave your thoughts. I love hearing from you!