Wednesday, October 2, 2013

30 Paintings in 30 Days Overview


Here is my collective work from the 30 in 30 Challenge.  You should go to Leslie's Blog to see all of the collective work by each artists.  In thumbnail format you can really see each artist's style, color palette, subject.  I have actually found more artists that I am interested based on seeing their collages because their work really stands out in this format.  

As for me, I started a pouring on Monday.  My 5 year old did one, too.  A pouring is when you pour your paint on instead of using a brush!  So far so good.  It is a street scene from Paris on a large sheet of paper.  I will post both mine and my son's next time.

If you did not read the post on Big Tex because you thought it was a bad painting, please read, it is a good story.  It turns out that that painting created the post buzz and fan engagement on my facebook page, Liana Yarckin Watercolors.  Once you read it, you will know it's not a bad painting.  Dallas is celebrating a lot of centennials this year and I bet Big Tex will go for a good price.

7 comments:

  1. Such beautiful, fresh watercolors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto! Ditto! Your watercolors are Beautiful. Congratulations on this 30 in 30 ! It was a lot of fun and I can't wait for the next one in January. Your paintings are so lovely and beautiful. I can't wait for the time when I have such a talent - something to look forward to for sure!!! In the meantime, I'm having fun learning!!
    All of your watercolors are beautiful -- I especially love that little girl watering the flowers. Your trees are lovely, too. And those tulips and poppies are breath taking. Congratulations!
    And in regards to Big Tex, that is NOT a bad painting whatsoever. Your painting truly captures his expression via your photos! A job well done.
    I am exciting to see both 'pouring' paintings. I have never hear of this before.
    Have a wonderful day.

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joan, you DO have a talent. I could never paint like you or think of and design like you. Your subjects and compositions are uniquely yours and they are wonderful to look at. They stand out. You should be entering competitons. Your work would be something fresh and exciting for judges to see. Honestly!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful paintings and a beautiful collage! You are very talented--love your fresh colors and the light. Congratulations on the 30 in 30!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic show these make altogether. A very worthwhile challenge, I will pop over and check out some more

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did an outstanding job with the 30 day challenge. Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave your thoughts. I love hearing from you!