Sunday, January 8, 2012

More Gold Leaf

10 x 10 gold leaf and watercolor
Sold.

Here is another experiment with gold leaf.  I first applied watercolor using a lot of water and dropping in strong pigment.  After the watercolor dried, I added the gold leaf.  I posted this on Facebook asking what else should I do to complete it.  I did get some great ideas, but, better, I got a buyer!  She loves it the way it is.  I am going to add just a bit more gold leaf in the watercolor area.  So my point on this, art is truly subjective.  The beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Like me on Facebook and say hi!

Oh, p.s., I have some good news.  On Friday, January 6, I met with a local restaurant owner.  He loved my art and agreed to let me hang my work in his restaurant and give me a reception!  Details to follow.  It will probably be in March.

2 comments:

  1. Liana I am not at all surprised that it sold - I LOVE it! It is truly eye-catching!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave your thoughts. I love hearing from you!