Saturday, January 23, 2010

Architectural Journey


Here is a commission I just finished. For the locals, do you know which house this is? As you know, I love the architectural detail in old homes. This house was built in the 1920's, but, has been renovated recently. The architectural detail inside and out is amazing. Because of the trees and landscaping, it was difficult to get a photo. Also, I had to be discreet when taking the photos because my client was going to give it to her husband for his birthday. The first time I went to take photos, the husband came out to walk the dog so I had to sneak away. I went back on another day when I knew he would be gone and took several photos. I finally got a photo from an unexpected viewpoint which was perfect. I love how the trees in the foreground frame the entry with the trees that are in the center of the yard. This is the 4th house on this street that I have had the privilege of painting.

11x14 original watercolor by Liana Yarckin

1 comment:

  1. It's beautiful, Liana! He's going to be so surprised and happy. What a gorgeous house. Love the story of your sneaking the photos...You're a house paparazzo! lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave your thoughts. I love hearing from you!