Friday, September 18, 2009

Something to Brighten your rainy week


Red River Poppies
I have been dying to paint these poppies. It has been raining all week which I have actually enjoyed in contrast to our hot weather. I enjoyed painting these poppies so much. I didn't want the fun to be over, but at the same time, I couldn't wait to post it for you, either! This is on a full sheet so I was able to enjoy using many different shades of yellows to reds on the petals. I wanted to keep it light and vivid so I left more white in the background than usual. This painting will be on display at the CityArtCal party. See below post for link.
22x30 original watercolor, $1500




Here are two commissions that I have been working on. One is being given as an anniversary gift and the other as a birthday gift. They are in Highland Park and in Preston Hollow. I enjoyed painting each of them as I love architecture. The top one had such lush tropical landscaping which contrasts with most of the homes I have painted. Also, the top one required that I paint it in perspective instead of a straight on view. For that house, if I stood right in front of the house, the two trees were in front of the door. By stepping to the side I was able to get a better view of the house and in this case, it adds such depth to the painting. For the second home, it was really important to the client to see as much as the house as possible, especially the french doors. For this reason I did not add cast shadows because that could be distracting as the shadows would fall against the french doors.



I am happy to accept any and all commissions, no matter the size or style of the home. As Christmas comes closer, though, please keep in mind that these home portraits normally take about 6 weeks.


3 comments:

  1. Hey Liana, So nice to see you back after a long gap. Your poppies are very colorful and beautiful. The poppy with a dark center is really forming a good focal point.

    The other two architecture paintings are also very nice. Even I like to paint architecture. But mostly broken, old, abandoned places. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The poppies are lovely and look so natural, Liana. I am glad that it is cooler there, you had very hot weather before this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Liena!ur work of paintings are to good. i like its all ur pictures.when u get time visit my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave your thoughts. I love hearing from you!