Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Day 17 - 30 in 30 - Cafe Scene

Patio Poetry
11x14 watercolor by Liana Yarckin

Do you ever have those full circle life experiences.  Once long ago, I was here at this very restaurant with a girlfriend enjoying a lunch in Burlington, Vermont.  I thought it was the quaintest little place and despite taking a card and being there twice now, I can't recall the name.  But, I know how to get there!  Without a plan except to get to our kid's summer camp by the next morning, my husband and I were driving up to Maine.  We didn't even know where we were going to stay.  By the end of the day we were looking at our maps on our phones and it turned out that Burlington, Vermont was nearby and had places to stay.  I immediately remembered this restaurant.  I said, "I know a great place for us to eat at.  Let's go."  My very practical husband asked his Texas wife with raised eyebrows, "You do?  How?  When?  Why would you do about a place in Burlington, VT."  On memory alone, I new it was on a corner, it was French, (I ate escargot there years ago) and it had a fabulous patio, telling him where to park, we came right to it!  It was too easy to find my way back.  Miraculously, it was still there and we could be seated in 30 minutes.  The first time around, I never had any idea that I would be back at this restaurant with my husband sans kids enjoying a leisurely dinner and reminiscing about the first time I was there with a long lost friend who now lives in Canada.  Maybe she will find this story...?

Isn't that just wild when you unintentionally end up somewhere again and it's with your favorite person in the world.  

9 comments:

  1. Great story Liana, hope you had a marvellous dinner :-) Love the colorful rendering of this restaurant, certainly looks busy and well visited , a wonderful work !

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice story! And a great painting too. I love the faceless crowd which allows us to fill in the blanks. Very clever and such gorgeous use of light :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandra. The photo I was working from was taken at about 7:00 in the evening, so no sun or shadows.

      Delete
  3. Love the design and the colors with this scene, Liana! It's fresh and full of vigor!

    French cafes and cuisine! Ooh la la!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your thoughts! Love your lily pad flower painting.

      Delete
  4. I like how you simplified the crowd at the tables. Very nice atmosphere in this painting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Blaga. These crowd scenes can be hard.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave your thoughts. I love hearing from you!