Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sweets for Your Sweetie

11x11
This piece was immediately spoken for by both my 9 and 10 year old sons. There are some parts of it that are not perfect, but, when I saw how big my sons' eyes got and their huge smiles when I showed it to them, that is what I remember. They both said with total sincerity and enthusiasm, "Awesome, that's the best painting." My 9 year old said, "those are my favorite."
I did two paintings today, this being the second. I will try to fix up the parts that I don't like. This is on hot press paper, so it is very easy to lift, but, I am disappointed with the part you know I am talking about.
I have to tell you about the doughnuts. One of the mom's in our playgroup always pick ups the most adorable doughnuts when it is her turn to host. Needless to say, our kids eat about 3 each and love going to her house. This time I took my camera because I wanted to paint the doughnuts. Well, she surprised us with these heart doughnuts! Just in time for Valentine's Day! I took several pictures with the doughnuts arranged in different positions. I didn't realize how much I was handling the doughnuts and how unappetizing that was to the other moms. I don't think anyone ate these particular ones. I forgot the name of the doughnut place. If you live in Dallas, it is on Lover's Lane by the Drip.
p.s. thanks to MY sweetie for letting me paint all day!!!! what a treat!

5 comments:

  1. How very sweet!! Looks good to me, in every sense. I think I guessed the part you are not happy about, but as you say ...should be easy to lift off. Happy Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I have no idea what you don't like about this.. It is an adorable painting and perfect for Valentines Day or even a birthday card! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the kids, these donuts are wonderful, no fixing required, and how nice you had the day to paint!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A painting delicious looking enough to want to eat! I hope you got to claim these donuts, seeing as the others found them less appetizing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave your thoughts. I love hearing from you!