Thursday, March 28, 2013

Easter Greetings


Daffodils I
11x14 watercolor by Liana Yarckin

Yellow makes me think of Easter.  I remember Easter memories from growing up are always filled with spending time with family, going to church, a big feast and laughter from an Easter egg hunt.  It seems there were yellow dresses, yellow flowers, yellow wrappings and of course, the yellow marsh-mellow "peeps".  

These are the first daffodils I ever painted.  They are in my mother's private collection.  She just loved them when she saw them and said I couldn't sell them so I gave her the painting.  

For those that celebrate Easter, I wish you a Happy Easter with family and yellow marsh-mellow peeps.  

p.s.  i am seeing you on my facebook page!  thanks for visiting.  fyi, i can't comment to some of you on facebook because your privacy settings may have "pages" blocked.  i am not sure. i know i can like and comment on some, but not on others.

4 comments:

  1. Quelle délicatesse... C'est une merveille!
    Bravo Liana :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful daffodils, Liana! and beautiful memories...!
    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave your thoughts. I love hearing from you!