Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Rose Garden


I know I said I was going to paint something other than flowers, but, I just keep seeing all of these gorgeous flowers all over Dallas.  This painting is inspired by a house that I have passed by on my walks.  I drove by the other day with my kids in the car, stopped and snapped a bunch of photos.  My kids were at first shocked and then said, "oh, are you going to paint this house?"  I only embellished the flowers slightly.  The house does have all of these fabulous roses growing in abundance.  They even have some sort of column type trellis that the climbing roses go up in the center and then billow out of the top.  It is truly a sight right now.

11 comments:

  1. Liana I can understand your not resisting painting flowers when you see something like this, must be a beautiful sight and your painting really gives credit. Love the looseness and the atmosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your painting is Beautiful! I love the whole scene and the colors are so vibrant they make the whole painting come alive. Paint what feels good, even if it is flowers : )
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Liana
    Thanks for visiting my blog and your lovely comments, I really appreciate it! Your watercolors are just beautiful! Of course you can use some of my photographs to paint...it will be a compliment to me!
    Ix

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really fresh and pretty! Lovely subject too :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your work is becoming really loose and wonderful with just the right amount of details. Great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Liana, who gorgeous is that? Very very! I so love he free feel of your watercolors and this especially stole my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I am so thrilled with your comments, talented artist friends. Asist, thank you! Yes, as you know, I am trying to be looser in my painting, I am glad it is finally showing! Thank you. Good or bad, I like to here what you think. That's how we learn and improve!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your watercolor paintings, its so refreshing to see. Very Nice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very sweet pink Liana. I love the light and shadows: they are so gentle and so beautiful!
    thanks,
    Irina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Your watercolors a beautiful. the house and flowers with the shadows and color. love it. I also love the blue in the daffodils(previous post) and the saved whites and compostion of the tulips. Roses are sooo looosey cool.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the flowers! I feel like I could walk up to the gate and into a garden!
    I like the soft look
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave your thoughts. I love hearing from you!