Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Revisions, Memories and Friendship

Thank you to everyone who immediately replied when I was in trouble with the above painting. I took your advice and I am happy with the mountain scene painting above. When I posted this painting last, I thought I had ruined something that I was very happy with. I am so thankful that my friends I have met through the blogging world came to my rescue.

Now I can tell you the inspiration for this painting. My friend who was pregnant with her third child insisted that she and I go on this 4+ hour hike up a mountain in Red River, New Mexico. It is not surprising that I would rather sit for 4 hours and paint vs. hiking up a mountain. It is embarrassing to say that I could barely keep up with her even though she was 3 months pregnant. She told me that at the top there was this glorious pond with the clearest water and giant rainbow trout. Well here it is. Although I was resistant to the hiking, my friend didn't believe me when I told her that I would indeed go swimming in the pond because I have an obsession with natural clear bodies of water. I told her to be ready with the camera and take a photo once I was in the water for evidence to all those that would not believe. The water was absolutely freezing, but, very exhilerating. I am giving this painting to her husband for his 50th birthday since he loves the mountains so much and he is taking up painting, too!

I truly appreciate your comments! Have a great day!

8 comments:

  1. The mountains stand out in front of the sky. I like it better, but it always was beautiful...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see this one. Very nice and vibrant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A pleasant panorama, Liana! You are really good with these narrow, long canvasses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The painting is great, and I enjoyed the narrative. I'd of taken a dip too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liana, this is a glorious painting. The reflections in the water are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The painting turned out great and a beautiful story to go with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Friends, thank you to all for your comments. Guess what, my friend's party was cancelled, he is in the hospital with a pancreatic attack. Marie, I am liking this very horizontal format.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave your thoughts. I love hearing from you!