Sunday, September 20, 2020

Why Paint on Cavas When You Have a Giant Wall!

Mural, painting by Liana Yarckin with matching facemask!

Laura helping me

My mom

Me with the finished product

Happy Sunday!  Hope all is well with everyone.  I am just blessed with the positives of this pandemic.  The key phrase I heard in the first 3 months of this SIP was, "I was looking at your website..." It has kept me busy with all kinds of commissions and then this, the largest size project to date, a wall mural inspired by my butterfly kaleidoscope paintings.  

This project will be revealed in October when my client makes it's formal presentation. Inspired by what a butterfly represents - transformation, change into something beautiful and then with what my kaleidoscopes represent - togetherness, flying up towards greatness, spreading our wings was the foundation for the mural.  Working with the existing wall color, I came up with a color scheme and presented my client with a digital rendering of what I was seeing for the mural.  Luckily, I was able to enlist help from a friend who has a great heart.  Some of you know the struggles I have had with my mom and how she, too, used to paint. Because she was visiting and with me at the job site everyday, I encouraged her to add her mark on the mural, too!  

Videos of the process are on my facebook and instagram sites. Please let me know what you think.  Would love to hear your feedback or if you have any ideas on where to take this!

Doing this mural brought so much joy to me.  Watch my instagram in October for when I am able to reveal who the mural is for.  All of those details will make so much sense and complete the story!

lianayarckinartist on Instagram

Liana Yarckin Artis on Facebook

www.lianayarckin.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave your thoughts. I love hearing from you!