Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Day 21 - Child Playing in Water

Figure Study
11x14 watercolor by Liana Yarckin

This is the sister to "Garden Girl".  Who knew when I took these photos so long ago of our little playgroup that I would be inspired to explore them in watercolor.  This darling little girl actually had a second watering can in her left hand while she was pumping the water, while she decided to go ahead and get into the giant tub of water.  I think I would like to explore this more, do a few more studies for a  high key painting with the bright sunlight.  I got the sunlight right on her leg, hair and right arm.  Also, now that I look at this, her left arm needs work!  Oh, my don't look.  The wash tub was all lopsided in reality.

I am so glad I finally started this challenge.  I like the pressure of what am I going to paint next and having to move on quickly.

2 comments:

  1. The looseness of this piece is fantastic, Liana! I love the subject and soft colors....Wonderful work as always!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, this is so bright and summery!! Love it! :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave your thoughts. I love hearing from you!