Friday, August 10, 2012

Home Portraits by Liana Yarckin

11x14 watercolor
by Liana Yarckin


11x14 watercolor 
by Liana Yarckin

Above are two house portraits I did in May and forgot to post.  The painting on top was commissioned as a gift for her husband's 50th birthday.  The timing was perfect because they had just completed renovating this home using "green building".  This means the home is environmentally responsible and resource efficient.  Aside from being friendly to the environment, the materials used and the HVAC system both protect and improve the occupants' health and productivity. 

The painting on the bottom was commissioned for a Mother's Day gift.  This house is the definition of charming.  It truly is one of my most favorite homes.  I love all of the details, the stone work, the windows, the iron window boxes, the gorgeous ironwork on the door and then the perfect lavender and white petunias overflowing in the window boxes.  

If you would like to commission your home, vacation home or a gift, please contact me for details.  I offer 11x14 watercolors or 8x10 pen and inks at reasonable prices.  To see a  collection of home portraits by me, visit my Facebook page or website.

Have a great week!

3 comments:

  1. Hello Lyana:) Your house portraits are beautiful, each one of them! Great art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to paint peoples homes! I'd never thought of it my self. They must have been thrilled as both lovely! :0))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you're amazing at drawing houses! They look great.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave your thoughts. I love hearing from you!