Saturday, July 7, 2012

Latest Painting and a Bit of Good News

Days of Innocence
11x14


Here is a painting of where I wish I was.  On the beach with my feet in the sand, the hot sun feeling good because of the ocean breeze and the sound of the waves!  Instead, for the time I am in hot, hot, hot Dallas trying to stay cool and hanging out with my kiddos.  My precious little one did get a hold of a piece of 300lb. watercolor paper that I was going to paint on next.  He colored ninjas on one side and a force field on the other side!!!!  


For the painting above, I created the image from a photo of the two girls playing in the sand at the Dallas Arboretum.  I had the trees and shrubs drawn, but, I couldn't bring myself to paint the greens.  So I decided to turn it into the beach.


Buy Here




Accepted into the Southwestern Watercolor Society 49th Annual Juried Exhibit


The big, exciting news is, I found out that Summer has Arrived (above) was accepted into the SWS Annual Juried Exhibit!!!!  If you read Carrie Waller's interview with me, one of my goals was to be accepted into a juried show.  I cannot believe I got in.  I am honored and feel so justified and inspired to paint, paint, paint!  I realize the other side of the coin is that it is just one person's opinion and if it were a different juror, maybe, my painting would not have gotten in.  But, either way, it shows how this artist (me), can be made so happy if just one person likes her work.  There is no "Buy It" button here because I kind of want to hang on it to it for now.  


If you would like to see the other selected paintings for the show, visit here.  One of my favorites is the alligator on the second page, but, I have a lot of favorites.  The physical exhibit will be in September.  I will post details for it closer to the date.  


Try to stay cool where you are.  And thank you all so much for your encouraging words!

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations Liana! So happy for you, your paintings are so beautiful, this honor is well earned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Summer Has Arrived" is so gorgeous and amazing, any juror would have loved to have it in their show and gallery, I am certain! I LOVE it. You are amazing with watercolors... how you do shading and light with color... Well, I am speechless. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Liana:) Congratulations, I'm very happy for you! But then it is a very beautiful painting, so no surprise:)
    I also do like the beach painting, very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The painting of your kids is so gentle and precious! Congratulations on the piece that was chosen, it is so very excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, that's fantastic news! You must feel very proud of yourself and rightfully so because it is very well deserved :0)
    Both paintings are really beautiful :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really like the color in this one, as well as the strong vertical movement. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave your thoughts. I love hearing from you!