Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Water Lily by Artist Liana Yarckin

Water Lily I
15x22

Every time I see water lilies, I stop and take photos for a painting one day.  Well, here is the first watercolor I do from my photos.  This came about from Pat Kochan's class.  We were approaching abstracts  by applying a grid or some other type of pattern to our painting.  I created a random grid and one of my water lily photos.  I did not paint in the water because at the moment, I really like the white of the paper.  The painting is very bright in person compared to how it looks on my computer screen.

Let me hear from you.  Do you have any thoughts on this painting - done or should I paint the water?  What are you painting?

Hope you are staying cool where you are.


7 comments:

  1. Hello Liana:) No, don't add water. It's so special like it is right now! The flower is the centre of the painting, lovely! I love it, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Liana! I agree with Renate, no water.It would spoil the abstract. It's perfect like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the painting as it is. I do think the painting would still work if the yellow rectangles were blue though… Maybe a compromise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a unique approach! It's a great idea and I LOVE the effect! It's wonderful :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So transparent and i really likethe grid idea... must try!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this is beautiful the way it is, a different approach and very interesting...why not make another one and paint the water blue...? xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Friends, thank you so much for your comments. They mean so much to me coming from you because I love the work you do, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave your thoughts. I love hearing from you!